I’ve updated my Color Infrared LUTs. These LUTs are designed to color swap infrared video shot with a 470nm to 720nm filter. This version includes multiple channel mixer variations for more color options.
Infrared color swap methods applied to a 590nm infrared still image
Download Color Infrared LUTs
Where can I use LUTs?
- LUTs can be used in video editors, such as DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Premiere Pro to color grade infrared video.
- LUTs can be used to create Enhanced Profiles for use in Lightroom. This allows you to swap colors directly in Lightroom, without a trip to Photoshop.
- LUTs can be used in some raw photo editors, see the list below.
- Note: LUTs cannot be used directly with images in Photoshop or Lightroom.
Raw Photo Editor Support
The following raw photo editors support .cube LUT files.
- ACDSee - Use Color LUTs in the Color group.
- Adobe Photoshop - Use Color Lookup adjustment layer. Use Photoshop Actions for more flexibility.
- Exposure X7 - Use LUT panel. Watch this tutorial.
- darktable - Use the “lut 3D” module.
- Affinity Photo - Add a layer with “Layer > New Adjustment Layer > 3D LUT Adjustment”.
- Luminar - Use Color Styles (LUT)
- Pixelmator Pro - Use Custom LUT adjustment
- ON1 Photo Raw - How to Install LUTs in ON1 Photo RAW
The following raw photo editors do not support .cube LUT files.
- Adobe Lightroom - Create Enhanced Profiles using LUTs instead.
- Capture One - Swapping colors in Capture One
- digiKam - Swapping colors in digiKam
- DxO PhotoLab - Swapping colors in DxO PhotoLab
- RawTherapee - Swapping colors in RawTherapee
LUT Technical Details
Here are the technical details on the six Infrared Color Swap LUTs. Actual colors produced will vary depending on your camera sensor, infrared filter, and lighting conditions. The LUTs are free to download.
- IR RB Swap.cube - Red Blue Swap. A straight swap between Red and Blue output channels. The Red output channel is set to 0% Red and 100% Blue. The Blue output channel is set to 0% Blue and 100% Red. No change to the Green output channel.
- IR RB Swap G to R.cube - Green to Red. The Red and Blue output channels are swapped, same as “IR RB Swap”. Additionally, the Green channel is set Red; 0% Green and 100% Red.
- IR RB Swap G Split.cube - Green split to Red and Blue. The Red and Blue output channels are swapped, same as “IR RB Swap”. Additionally, the Green output channel is split between Red and Blue; 50% Red, 0% Green, and 50% Blue.
- IR RB Swap G to B.cube - Green to Blue. The Red and Blue channels are swapped, same as “IR RB Swap”. Additionally, the Green output channel is set Blue; 0% Green and 100% Blue.
- IR Invert.cube - This uses an Invert adjustment layer with the blend mode set to Color.
- IR Hue 180.cube - Uses a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to shift the hue of all colors by 180 degrees.
Video on using LUTs with LUTs v1
This video covers using LUTs in Exposure X6 raw editor, creating a LUT-based enhanced profile for Lightroom, using LUTs with infrared video, and how to create a LUT in Photoshop.
If you have comments, questions or feedback, use the comment section for this video.
This Page - https://590.red/lut2
Color Infrared LUTs Download - https://590.red/lut-pack